Thursday 28 November 2013

Mini Movie Review: Thor: The Dark World

This past Tuesday my boyfriend Josh, and I got to finally see Thor: The Dark World. I wasn't super thrilled about having to go see it in 3D, but I figured since Catching Fire has taken over our little theatre I wouldn't get to see it in 2D.

First up, the poster and synopsis.


Marvel's Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.


I'm just going to start off by saying this movie was hilarious. Slightly upsetting (and a little confusing for me) at some points, but I spent most of it laughing. It was mostly little stupid things that amused me, but Darcy (played by Kat Dennings) cracked me up every time she was on screen.

Jane gets to visit Asgard in this movie, which was interesting to see her in Asgardian clothes and meeting Thor's family. Loved the part when she punches Loki. She has to help Thor, his friends and Loki defeat the Dark Elves and save the Nine Realms.

Since I don't know a whole lot about what's supposed to happen in the Thor/Marvel universe (which amuses Josh immensely) I can't tell you how accurate it was. Josh seemed happy with it, so I'm gonna guess they did ok. Even though I don't know much about it, and I'm not a super huge Marvel fan, it was still enjoyable. So if you happen to have a boyfriend who loves these movies, be nice and go see it with him, he will thank you and you will enjoy it.

Also, make sure you stay to the very, very end. We didn't and I found out later that there are 2 scenes in the credits. Guess that just means I'll have to buy it when it comes out :) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment