Monday 30 June 2014

Mini Movie Review: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Weee finally got to see X-Men: Days of Future Past. Unfortunately in 3D but I'll get over it. And finally is actually a couple weeks ago. But this is what happens when you're slow and then your internet stops working for a couple days.



The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in 'X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.' The beloved characters from the original 'X-Men' film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from the past, 'X-Men: First Class,' in order to change a major historical event and fight in an epic battle that could save our future.

I'm going to start off by saying, this movie kind of hurts your head. I mean just look at the title, and the fact that you have old/original/present Professor X and Magneto and young/new/past Charles and Erik. It's also kind of clever and interesting. It's fun to see the parts where the movie takes place in the '70s.

I think it's funny that Logan is the one who goes back in time, not only because he can survive the trip, but because he's the one who looks the same between both sets of movies. Someone actually told me that Hugh Jackman didn't want to play Wolverine anymore and I said "so, no more Wolverine in X-Men then?" because he is Wolverine.

The movie had funny parts, and sad parts, and some really cool special effects. I've been hearing a lot that the favourite character was Quicksilver, and I have to agree that he was kind of awesome. There's a moment between him and Erik that's only really funny if you know that he's supposed to be Erik's son, but luckily Josh had told me not 30 seconds before, so I at least got the joke.

I feel bad for Logan though, because after he comes back to the future (it's only really his consciousness back in his past body) he's the only one who remembers the original past before he went back and changed it.

I originally thought from reading that the original characters were going to join forces, that they were actually going to go back and time and the two Charles and Eriks were actually going to meet and fight together. I was a little disappointed. It was interesting to see how they did do it though. I'm not going to tell you exactly how, I'll leave a little bit as a surprise.

Overall I did enjoy the movie, I don't know if I'll be adding it to my collection quite yet. I don't have any other of the X-Men movies so I might wait a little while, but I will be getting it eventually. Maybe I'll wait and see if they come out with a huge box set and get that. Or, get it for Josh and take all his copies haha. I would recommend seeing the movie though, it's got an interesting story line and mutant superheroes so what's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment