Wednesday 19 February 2014

Go Canada Go! Sochi 2014

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know the Olympics are being held right now in Sochi, Russia.
I feel very unpatriotic saying I haven’t watched all that much, but with Russia being like 9 hours ahead of us or whatever, and working weird hours, I just haven’t really been able to. I also feel like I have a mild case of ADD when watching the Olympics…”oooh I want to figure skate!” “I want to learn how to play hockey!” “ski jumping looks so fun!” “and now I’m bored show me something else.”
I watched the opening ceremonies, which were…alright I guess. Some parts were cool. Some parts were kind of wtf? The best part was the parade of athletes. And to be totally honest the best part about that was looking at all the outfits from the different countries. I have, though, been periodically checking our medal stats. Which is super exciting! We’re not doing as well as I had hoped, but we’re still doing pretty awesome. (Ok, when I wrote that part, we were actually doing pretty well. Now, not so much. Get it together Canada!)
I think it’s funny how a lot of the podiums seem to have double (or even triple) winners from the same countries. At the end of all of this I plan on actually looking at all the medal results to see just how many have had more than one person from the same country.
My way of being patriotic and supportive, was to paint my nails. I painted them on day 4 and they lasted (mostly) until day 12. I was actually pretty proud of how it turned it. It wasn't perfect, but painting something semi elaborate on yourself is hard, so I give myself props haha.
My left hand says "Sochi" in Russian
So after I peeled all of it off (it started peeling on its own) I wanted to paint my nails in another Olympic-y or patriotic way. It was suggested that I do red or red and gold. Because gold is what we want. Problem with that, is I have no gold nail polish, and my red is kind of dying. Solution, go buy myself new nail polish of course! The red is legit, I will use this more than once. The gold, well, we'll see what happens. I decided to go more simple with this design but it still packs a bit of a punch.  
 
Pardon the mess around the nails on my fingers. I am clearly not good at colouring inside the lines. In case anyone's curious, the gold is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Wedding Glitters and the red is Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Rapid Red.
We have about 4 days left of the Olympics, so let's hope Canada can rack up a few more medals to bring home with them. Congrats to all the Olympians so far and good luck for the rest of the games!

No comments:

Post a Comment