Friday 31 May 2013

Upcoming June Movie Releases

I can't believe it's almost June already. June means we're about halfway through the list of big summer blockbusters being released. So I'm going to give you a list of some of the movies coming out this month. Keep in mind, these are just the movies I want to see. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more, but none that interest me.

I'm going to start off giving you a synopsis of each movie and then tell you why I want to see them.

Man of Steel released June 14

A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

I'm actually not as excited about this one as I thought I would be. Superman used to be "my" superhero, and I suppose I would say he still is, but I think I've just gotten more engrossed in the Marvel movies. I also didn't really get super excited when I saw the previews. I'm not really sure why. I kept expecting to see Tom Welling when he turned around, but obviously it's not him, it's Henry Cavill. I'm still going to be seeing the movie though, just probably not opening weekend. I'll wait till a Tuesday after the buzz has died down.

Much Ado About Nothing also released June 14

Leonato the governor of Messina, is visited by his friend Don Pedro who is returning from a victorious campaign against his rebellious brother Don John. Accompanying Don Pedro are two of his officers: Benedick and Claudio. While in Messina, Claudio falls for Leonato's daughter Hero, while Benedick verbally spars with Beatrice, the governor's niece. The budding love between Claudio and Hero prompts Don Pedro to arrange with Leonato for a marriage. In the days leading up to the ceremony, Don Pedro, with the help of Leonato, Claudio and Hero, attempts to sport with Benedick and Beatrice in an effort to trick the two into falling in love. Meanwhile, the villainous Don John, with the help of his allies Conrade and Borachio plots against the happy couple, using his own form of trickery to try to destroy the marriage before it begins. A series of comic and tragic events may continue to keep the two couples from truly finding happiness, but then again perhaps love may prevail.

Alright so full disclosure, I only want to see this one because, hello, Nathan Fillion and Joss Whedon. It's Shakespeare, but it's supposed to be a modern retelling, which should help it be a little more interesting. I'm worried though that it won't be coming to our little small town theatre, because it tends to not get, shall we say, not as popular movies. Which is disappointing. So I may be grabbing my bff Amberella and going on a trip to find it in theatres.

Monster's University: June 21

Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn’t always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn't stand each other. “Monsters University” unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.


Just because I am 23 does not mean I can't get excited about movies meant for children. In fact, I'd say I have a right to be excited about this one because I was part of the original target demographic for the first movie. I think this movie should be pretty good, and pretty funny. I just wish Boo could be in it, she was my favourite.

White House Down release date June 28
 
Washington D.C. Policeman John Cale has just been denied his dream job of being a Secret Service agent and protecting President James Sawyer. Not wanting to disappoint his young daughter with the news, he takes her on a tour of the White House, and they are there when the complex is overtaken by a paramilitary group. Now the nation's government falling into chaos, time is running out and it's up to Cale to save the president, his daughter and the country.


I just saw another preview for this the other night when watching Fast & Furious, and I gotta say, I'm not as excited as I originally was. Regardless, Channing Tatum. So, I'm going to be seeing this. I probably sound super pathetic because the only reason I go see movies is because of hot guys. Oh well. I'm pretty sure this one is going to have almost the exact same storyline as Olympus has Fallen, and I'm not sure which one will be better.

Turns out there are zero DVD releases I am looking forward to in the month of June. Is that not sad? I think Die Hard is coming out, but I'm not going to be buying that one, but I just feel like most of the DVDs being released are kind of crappy. But hey, mine is just one opinion, you might like them.

Are there any movies you're looking forward to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment