Thursday 25 July 2013

More Nail Painting Attempts

I'm going to start off by admitting that I actually painted these nails ages ago, and then thought I posted about them, realized I hadn't, and promptly forgot to do it again.

This is another design I've seen while on Pinterest. It's following the ombre trend.


It's not the best, but it's also not super difficult to do either. All you need is 2 different shades of the same coloured nail polish and a make up sponge. I just used cheap ones from the dollar store, I didn't see the point in totally destroying an expensive one.

I started by painting my nail with the lighter purple. I'm really not sure what my thing is with purple lately, just seems like that's the colour I have the most nail polishes of. Next I just dabbed the darker purple polish onto the sponge. Then, starting about a third of the way up the nail, started sponging it on all the way to the tip. Continued with all 10 nails and then let dry. Dabbed more nail polish on the sponge, and this time about two thirds of the way up the nail, started sponging it on. And voila, pretty purple nails.

I've also seen this with the varying shades painted on the sponge and then pressed on the nail, so that might be my next attempt at ombre nail design.

Have you tried any cool nail designs lately? What were they? Let me know, and as always, stay tuned for more misadventures.

1 comment: