Friday 9 August 2013

Watermelon Nails

The other day I had painted my nails with a purpley colour and added black polka dots and while looking at them I realized they kind of looked like watermelon. Then I got excited when I realized I could actually paint my nails to look like watermelons.
 
I also realized I didn't have enough patience to do all my fingers, hence the plain pink and green fingers.
 
All I did was paint my thumb nail green, waited for that to dry and then painted 2 coats of the pink leaving a bit of green exposed at the bottom of my nail. I then dipped a toothpick into white nail polish and painted the "rind" of the watermelon (that part is a little wobbly). I added the "seeds" with a black nail polish pen, but it could also be done with a toothpick.
 
All in all, pretty happy with how it turned out. Looking at them just makes me happy because they're bright and summery.
 
I even had a couple little girls at work tell me they liked my nails.
 
Hopefully you enjoyed them, and as always, stay tuned for more misadventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment