Tuesday 30 April 2013

Silver Linings Playbook Release

Silver Linings Playbook finally came out on DVD today! Super exciting. I've pretty much been waiting for this since I left the theatre haha.
In case you don't know what the movie is about, here's the synopsis from the back of the movie.
Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper) has lost everything - his house, his job and his wife. He finds himself living back with his movther (Jacki Weaver) and father (Robert De Niro) after spending 8 months in a state institution on a plea bargain. While rebuilding his life, Pat is determined to remain positive and reunitewith his wife despite the challenging circumstances of their seperation. When Pat meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), a mysterious girl with problems of her own, things get complicated. As their relationship plays out, an unexpected bond forms between them and silver linings appear in both of their lives.
I had to go out and buy this movie for myself tonight. Mostly because it's on sale, and also because I really did like it. It's got funny parts, sad parts, and emotional parts. I also really like Jennifer Lawrence. I think she did a fabulous job as Tiffany.
It's not your typical rom-com. It's from Pat's point of view, and he's so stubborn and hung up on his ex-wife that he doesn't even really notice Tiffany, and doesn't realize that she's falling for him.
The final scenes were probably my favourite. It wrapped everything up pretty nicely, could even say a little cliche, but I thought it was cute.
The movie was also nominated for about 7 different Academy Awards. Unfortunately they only got Best Actress, but they were up against some very good movies.
I'm going to watch this tomorrow on my day off and I recommend that you watch it as well. My sister has already asked to borrow my copy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment